Monday, September 14, 2015

#NYFW: TIPS & MUST-DOS


To say that I love NYFW is to say nothing at all! But this year, what is particularly exciting is the fact that I get to partner with Express, one of my all-time favorites, to serve as their New York Fashion Correspondent! YAY! As part of this collaboration I wanted to share my #NYFW must-do list, survival tips and of course recommend a few favorite NY spots to visit!

BTW: I am super excited to take over EXPRESS Instagram & Snapchat today, Monday September 14th, so be sure to follow my adventures!

INSTAGRAM @expressrunway
SnapChat @Express




#NYFW TIPS:

Though a 3-hour difference between LA and New York doesn't seem like much, in reality, this seemingly insignificant time difference takes a toll. Trust me, when you get up at 7am New York time ( 4am LA time) you really feel it!:) In the past, I've dealt with this little issue by gulping down insane amounts of coffee, which of course was a totally wrong move to make! Rather than making me feel brighter-eyed and bushy-tailed, the coffee made me dehydrated, jittery, tired and sluggish! So now, I have a small expresso in the morning, a herbal tea with lemon in the afternoon, and keep rehydrating by drinking lemon water throughout the day! So far, this seems to be the winning combination, which not only helps to keep my energy level up but also does wonders for my skin!  

Another great way to combat fatigue and keep your energy level up is exercise! A quick jog or even a  walk in Central Park works like magic to help you bounce back after a long day full of events and shows! I know, I know, seems completely counterintuitive! I mean, where does one find the energy energy to exercise when it feels like a nice comfy bed in your hotel room is your best friend in the whole wide world, and yet exercise does the body good, because you feel completely rejuvenated and revived after! 

Last but definitely not least is NYFW outfits! Though perhaps comfort is not the first word that comes to mind when thinking about NYFW outfits. For me, it's actually one of the most important considerations! Now, I am not talking about sweatpants level of comfort here, but considering that you spend 8-10 hours on your feet, running around like a crazy person, being able to move, breeze and walk seems kinda crucial!:) So, when styling outfits for fashion week, I consider style and comfort in equal parts. Take today's look for example, I love the idea of pairing very dressy pieces with more casual ones. And so, rather than wearing my floral-print neck-tie blouse with a dressier bottom, I opted for a pair of my beloved mid-rise Express jeans. Stylish and comfortable, I love the way these jeans move with the body and retain their shape throughout the day so that I never have to worry about saggy knees and other places which will remain nameless:) Since, it was a bit chilly on that day, I added a beautiful moto leather jacket, also from Express, with lace-up detailing. As I have mentioned before, I am downright obsessed with special details, and the lace up sleeves and back make this one a complete and total statement piece!



MUST-DOS & RECCOMENDAIONS:

If I had to describe NYFW in a single word, "fast" is one of the first things that comes to mind! Everything moves at incredible speeds, and a week flies by in an instant! And yet, no matter how busy I get, I always make sure to find the time to explore all the wonderful things New York has to offer! Whether it's seeing a show on Broadway, catching a ride on the ferry from Manhattan to Williamsburg to see the magical views on New York city ( a must-do in my opinion), or doing a bit of shopping in SoHo, no trip to New York feels complete without finding something new and exciting to do in this magical city!



Of course, as much as I love discovering new things to do in New York, hitting a few of my all-time favorites is of equal importance:) You know what a huge foodie I am, so naturally whenever I visit New York dining out is simply a must. One of my favorite places to go is Catch NYC. While they offer a really great selection of seafood dishes ( lobster rolls being right at the very top of my must-have list ) what I am really addicted to is their desert selection! One word! Amazing! Seriously, probably the yummiest deserts I've had in my entire life:)! Last time we were in New York, we ended up in Catch 3 nights in a row! Now if that doesn't say obsessed, I really don't know what does!:)


EXPRESS lace up (minus The) leather moto jacket, mid-rise perfect denim legging, metal frame cat-eye sunglasses, bracelets & rings | VALENTINO Love Latch strappy grommet pump | DOLCE & GABBANA tie neck rose print chiffon blouse | THALE BLANC bag

No comments:

Post a Comment